Doesn't that title just say it all? Here's the whole story, in case you wanted to know.
Today I went grocery shopping. Albertson's is having a really good deal on cereal and some other baking items and I had some really good coupons to go along with the deals so I decided I'd get up early and hit the road. I got lots of cereal, cake mixes, frosting, etc. I came home and Jeff and I helped each other put the food away in the pantry as well in our secondary storage area upstairs. I think we both thought that the other one had put the frosting away. That was our first mistake. The second mistake was that I left to go pick Emma up from a sleep-over and Jeff was upstairs working on the computer. He noticed that the house was too quiet and so went to investigate. There usually is only one place the kids go when we can't find them. They hide behind the love seat in the front room. They are usually hiding there because they've snuck some treat from the kitchen that they're not supposed to have. Jeff found Abbey there with her fists shoved into the frosting container, frosting all over her, the floor, the heat vent and some even got on the couch. Ian was also in on the merriment - he was just smart enough to leave before Jeff found him and even managed to wash his hands and face to hide any evidence. Jeff was, understandibly, upset and decided that it would be better for him and the children if he just cleaned them up and then confined them to their rooms rather than to spank. (He has really big hands - I'll bet it's almost like using a paddle.)
We also went to Jeff's parent's home tonight to help Jeff's dad chop down a tree. Okay, mostly they just gave the tree a REALLY BAD hair cut. The tree provides wonderful shade...so much so that the zucchini didn't grow at all last year. I'll put a picture of Jeff climbing the tree like the monkey he is as soon as his folks email it to me.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
Did I ever tell you the story of the twins and yogurt? The two of them grabbed the tub of vanilla yogurt out of the fridge, along with the chocolate sauce and carmel sauce, and went upstairs to thier bed and while one stirred the other poured in various flavorings. They did pretty good keeping it in the container, but it was quite a scary scene at first.
So fun to see this cute picture. One day it will be cute.
Hey! Glad to "see" you here. I got you site from Joella. I will cjeck back often and send you my blog.
I love that picture! Isn't true kids will be kids. I'm glad to see you could find the humor in it because honestly I forget to do that a lot lately.
I had a very similar situation with Ethan and Desitin. Somehow he ended up with it all over himself. I'm trying to be the disciplinarian while Kris is laughing behind Ethan's back but where I can see her. It was very hard to keep a straight face. If nothing else, it will provide ample ammo for your grandchildren :)
Abbey is so cute, even with frosting all over her. Bet it was fun to clean up!! That would have gotten a high pitched scream from me or laughing. My kids think it is entertaining when mom gets really surprised and lets out a scream.
Post a Comment