The kids have been out of school for summer break for a total of three days. Three...
Day one started out with World War III over which movie was okay to watch and how much cereal someone was allowed to pour down their gullet for breakfast. The monkeys were informed that chores would ensue if a truce wasn't called immediately and so they retreated to their perspective corners.
Day two was filled to capacity with major boredom. Movies were watched, games were played, bikes were ridden and a picnic was had at the park only to be followed with crocodile tears because Monkey #1 wanted to go down the slide while Monkey #2 was going up. Don't ask.
On day three I thought we were rounding a corner in the learning curve that always happens at the beginning of any extended period of forced togetherness. Monkeys were playing nicely and there were no major problems. Wahoo! They played outside for hours and the house was peaceful for a brief period of time. I should have known better than to let my guard down.
It was decided that the garden wagon is a wonderful toy and provides the perfect mode of transportation for getting from the top of the driveway to the street. Add to that the awesome strength and force of Ian's jet packed shoes and a good running start and we practically have lift off! I could hear them through the open window giggling as they rode down the cement squealing with delight. Then the laughing turned to screaming and I rolled my eyes because, let's face it, my kids can be (and have been) drama queens. I'll admit, I took my time getting downstairs to see what all the commotion was about - mostly I'll blame it on my ever growing roundness.
Anyway, I got downstairs and my mom was at the kitchen sink with Emma, Abbey was standing in the middle of the room holding her head and screaming and Ian was looking kind of dazed. I went to Abbey first (she was making the most noise) and assessed the damage. A goose egg on the back of her head and a scratch on her hand. No problem. I dug out the children's Tylenol and dosed her up. Now to the sink. Blood. Lots of blood running from Emma's hand and my mom telling me that she was going to need stitches. Yup, her pinkie finger was the latest victim of their creative fun. So I Tylenoled her as well and off we went to the quick care. She was scared but ended up being pretty brave and walking away with 4 stitches down the side of her little finger. It looks gross.
When I woke up this morning I was informed by Abbey that Emma can't get dressed by herself because her finger hurts...*snort* whatever. She's fine. A little sore, but basically okay. Better yet? She can now say that something semi-exciting happened over summer break and even have a scar to show for it!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
"Can't dress herself" made me laugh outloud. I think she deserves a cake that says, "You got stitches."
Post a Comment