Yesterday I had my monthly doctor's appointment and am happy to announce that I have successfully reached week 29 in the 40 week process of baking the bun in my oven. For the last couple of weeks I've had several people make statements resembling the following: "How much longer do we have until this little one comes?" First of all, there's no we in this scenario. When your hips pop in and out for the first hour or so of every day and you have to roll off of the couch instead of just gracefully standing up like a normal person, then you can ask how much longer we have left. When I tell tell them that I actually have until the end of July, most people's eyes turn into saucers and then they stutter a little as they say, "Ohh...uhh..well, hopefully it'll go by quickly for you then." Umm. Is that their way of confirming to me that it looks like I do, in fact, have a beach ball stuffed under my shirt?
This feeling has been reinforced even further to me by the fact that this morning I had to move the seat back in the Burb so that the steering wheel wouldn't rub on said belly. Except now I have a problem. You see, my mother's side of the family are descendants of pygmies. They're short. REALLY short. So now I find myself sitting in my big bad mommy-mobile having to use my sausages to push the gas or break.
Add to this the fact that Mr. Doctor tells me that the beach ball is measuring 4 weeks ahead of schedule! I think I'm baking the whole loaf instead of just a little bun. What do you think?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
Oh, my, I'm sorry. I don't like it when people do that and make you feel huge, like you don't already. I think you look great!! A lady in our ward just had twins and they weren't due until beginning of August. Be greatful that you have that beachball in front of you and be proud that you are entrusted with this "little bun". Who cares what other people thing, say or what their faces say. You are blessed!!!
You know Amy, you can tie bricks to the bottom of your shoes and it will accomplish a few things. 1-Make you taller. 2- Help you drive easier. 3-Give you a major workout for some sexy post-prego legs! Woowoo!! =)
Post a Comment