Today is Emma's birthday party (more about that later) and I was in my room, door locked, wrapping presents when Jeff popped the lock and swaggered in. I like it when he swaggers.
ANYWAY
I'm sitting on the floor and he just looked at me and proceeded to unzip his suitcase. He just got home from a week long jaunt to South Carolina and had yet to empty said suitcase. So he unzips the front pocket of his carry-on luggage and pulls out a very large pair of kitchen scissors. 
Huh? He told me that he was at security on his way out of town when they told him they'd have to do a manual search of his bags - they thought they'd found a weapon. (Apparently Abbey decided that he might need to cut something while on his trip.) He was a little speechless, Jeff is anything BUT the violent kinda guy, and told them to go ahead. They pulled out the scissors and checked them out and then told him he could pack them away again and be on his way. HUH??? What happened to national security and all that? They told him that they weren't very sharp and so he could just keep them.
So, for all of you would-be hijackers out there, no worries! Just take a dull pair of scissors with you on the plane and you can shank the pilot - no need for a sharpened toothbrush or hidden explosives in your shoes.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
HA! I'm really surprised they let him keep them in his carry on. Really surprised!
THey wouldn't have let him in most of the airports I have frequented. Or at least they wouldn't have let me...maybe he's just a charmer! ;)
Wow, I feel safe now!!!
My dad - like 2 years ago - got arrested for having razor blades in his shoes. I know it sounds nuts, but he has a back condition that makes his feet not feel things, and when someone cleaned off the table, they swept some of the contents off the table into his shoes below the table... needless to say, he got labeled as a terrorist... SERIOUSLY. Strange!
Post a Comment