Ugh. Someone PLEASE remind me when next year rolls around why I hate doing big birthday parties for my kids. I know, I know...mean evil awful mom sitting here whining about catering to a bunch hormonal 10 year olds - wah. (Get over it, right?)
Well, Saturday was Emma's big party and she had big ideas of what she wanted to do - then I just had to come up with how we were going to pull it off. What was the plan? "America's Next Top Model." Hmmm...how do we de-hooch-ify something that is, primarily, an adult show? She's only seen the commercials of this wonderfully educational show and thinks that she knows all about it. Mmm no. She doesn't.
So we went to the local thrift store and purchased 2 pairs of incredibly high hooker-ish shoes and went to the dollar store for a new tube of lipstick and a bottle of hot pink nail polish to top it off. Next was off to the party store for some 'bling'. There were glimmering rings with ginormous semi-precious jewels on them, some flashy sunglasses and a nice set of shiny bangle bracelets. We were set to stomp down the runway and strut our stuff! The girls were invited to come dressed in their best model attire (as long as it was modest, of course) and participate in their first ever photo shoot with the famous director of the Wixom Zoo as their photographer! Oooh yeah, you'll all be wanting to line up for your next family snapshot when you see the pics!
It was fun, but I'm not going to do it again for awhile. Like years, maybe. Now I just need to go find me some Tylenol...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
aaawwww that is to adorable. Fantastic creativity you have there. And points for her for being original on her party idea!
Post a Comment