Monday, August 10, 2009

What Happens In Vegas...


STAYS in Vegas. At least, that's what I hear. And I'm praying that it's true.

I moved to Idaho about two years ago from the Salt Lake City area. In the process I left my BEST FRIEND FOREVER and had to go to special meetings because the withdrawals were so severe. You think I'm kidding...
Anyway.
Because the after effects of having once had such a great friend and then not having her close anymore are so bad, we decided that we NEEDED a girl's weekend at least once a year. Last year we hung out at Park City, Utah where we rode the Alpine slides, went down a zip line (SOOO FUN!!!) and did other various tourist-y things that one does in an expensive mountain resort town. Once the weekend was over we immediately started planning this year's trip. BFF got super excited, started squealing and even clapping her hands as she shrieked, "I know! Let's go to VEGAS!!!"
One little tidbit - we do our weekend in August... Vegas is H.O.T. in August. When I pointed this out to my BFF she said, "That's okay 'cuz the casinos are all air conditioned and we'll only be outside when we're walking from one place to the next." What can I say? She was very persuasive.
So we planned and we surfed the internet looking for the best deals on hotels. Jeff let us use his frequent flier miles so that we wouldn't have to pay for the plane tickets. (My hub is freakin' awesome!) We decided that we didn't want to stay ON the strip, because then we could share our money love with ALL of the hotels without any guilt. Because I don't like casino guilt.
Anyway, we sweet talked the little guy at the front desk and he gave us rides to the strip and even picked us up whenever we called him. (We had to wink at him, though, and laugh at all of his corny jokes. No worries, Flloyd, you were kind of funny.)
Okay, so I mentioned that it was H.O.T.? Uh, let me just say that when you are blessed with extra padding, like I am, you have to take certain precautions in the heat. You see, extra padding on a fluffy person, like my self, works just like extra padding in your blankets. It helps keep you warm. It even uses your own body heat to create EXTRA heat. When the Stay Puff Marshmallow man gets hot I'm sure he starts to melt, don't you think? Well, it's no different with well insulated women. We melt. A lot. Alls I'm going to say is that Gold Bond powder is WONDERFUL when used according to package directions. Also, I didn't know that there was menthol in it. End of story.

P.S. Dear BFF, You are hereby sworn to secrecy as to the above mentioned powder incident...because "What happens in Vegas STAYS IN VEGAS!!!"

3 comments:

Ellen said...

So fun!! I'm glad you had a good time and I'm impressed by your mad influencing skills. Way to work it!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

HEY!!! I was only a short drive away from you!!! I would have loved to meet you! Dang it!

GOLD BOND powder... hehehehe

Heatherlyn said...

I'm glad that you had a good time (heat and powder not withstanding)!