Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Day At The Spa???

I love it when Jeff gets to actually stay at home during the week! He's a travelin' man, you see. He's usually romping around the country (and sometimes the world) during any given week and so we don't get to see him much. There are those rare weeks, however, that he gets to stay home and work in his pajamas. I think he secretly likes those weeks. He still wakes up way too early, but sometimes he sneaks back into bed at 7am and cuddles for a few minutes. It's nice to wake up and hear your hub softly snoring - I think some people might take that for granted. *sniff*
Anyway. One of the side effects of the man staying home is that he feels that some personal care procedures can go out the window. He may take a shower that day if he feels like it, he may not. He might get dressed but he probably won't. (PJ's and sweat pants are so much more comfortable, don't you think?) He definitely won't shave. Usually I like a clean shaven man because then my face doesn't get road rash when he kisses me goodnight. I can handle the stubble for a couple of days before I look like a bajillion mosquitoes stung me, but after that I have to gently suggest he shave.
Last night we were chatting with Cousin Carmen and Jeff decided that his chin itched - so what does he do? He starts rubbing it on my shoulder! "Whatcha doin' that for?" Do you know what he said?!?! "I'm not scratching you, hon. I'm exfoliating!" Humph. I guess he's figured out a great way for me to get that spa feeling without having to leave the comfort of my own home. Joy.

3 comments:

Jennifer Edwards said...

muahahahahaha! that sounds like such a Jeff thing to do! Love it! I miss seeing all of the Wixom happenings! Love u guys! :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hey... that's like something on the history channel! hehehehe! Funny guy you have! :)

Heatherlyn said...

I never take my hubby's "softly snoring" for granted even though he isn't gone as much as your husband is. It's nice to have the hubby home.