Sometimes church is...boring. Especially for a certain 4 year old that I know. Our goal on Sundays is to just make it through the first hour of church without anyone biting in a fit of revenge or without major screaming or tantrums. It's challenging some weeks. How do we, somehow, manage to do this week after week? We make sure that the "church bag" makes it into the car before we leave the house. The church bag used to have wonderful things in it like story books and felt story boards. We even had *gasp* snacks in it at one time. (We had to nix the snack thing when Abbey decided that the Cheerios tasted better after having dumped them on the floor so that she could chase them.) There has been much trial and error with the church bag, I'll be the first one to admit it. So now we are only allowed the following: scriptures (duh), Kleenex (again, duh), one pen/pencil per kid and one spiral notebook per kid. They each get their own color of notebook, by the way, so that there is no fighting.
Anyways...
Yesterday was a good day at church. Ian and Abbey had only fought once about who's seat was who's and all were happily drawing in their notebooks. Abbey was sitting on Jeff's lap and I was blissfully listening to the High Councilman's talk when I noticed that Jeff was shaking. I looked over at him to find out what was so funny and he just pointed to Abbey's picture. 
"It's a picture of YOU" he whispered. Hmmm...apparently I have a Picasso on my hands! Either that or my daughter really thinks that I only have one eye and that I have the perkiest bosoms in the nation. Either way, it's A.R.T.!!!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

7 comments:
What an artist! You're so lucky your sacrament is first. Ours is last my 4 year old is a lost cause at that point in church.
Love the bosoms.
I LOVE it!!!
I'd be more worried about what is coming out of the top of your head! Did you have an insanely huge bow on that day? Ha, ha.
That is hilarious! Maybe she can take a lesson from your mother in law, and make you that special bosom cake! he.he. Cute!
Wow! I really wish I was there to see the hairdo you had that day! Must have taken a whole can of hair spray! ;) I think you look a little like one of those glow worms with a turban. Anyway, that is the best picture!
Perky boobs are good!
Our kids each get one notebook and a pencil (or their own little baggie of crayons). Sounds a lot like yours! (Only we make our kids take notes once they are 8 years-old and quiz them on what the speakers said after church. This works out very very well for keeping older children paying attention.)
Post a Comment