Dear Dutch Relatives (specifically Ria & Rob),
I must apologise for my appalling behavior last night while in your home. Apparently I lost any sense of manners that my dear mother instilled in me. While eating dinner at your spacious table for 30 I found myself neglecting my napkin, chewing with my mouth WIDE open and then brushing the crumbs I'd left onto the immaculate Oriental rug that was laying underneath it. (Nice pattern, by the way!)
Also, I need to say I'm sorry for trying to give you the ugliest pair of earrings that I've ever seen. I found them at a flea market somewhere and they appealed to me because they reminded me of our trip this spring. They were little meatballs on a stud and they reminded me of the meal that Ans & Ria cooked for us our second night in Holland. Looking back now I can see that they would've started smelling after awhile, not to mention the fact that your little dogs would've been all over you for a little taste of your ear. So inconsiderate of me!
Finally, I must apologise for my hasty exit. You see, there were 3 men who showed up (reminded me of The Tree Stooges, if I'm being honest) and they kidnapped me and shoved me into the trunk of some old car. They were guys that I knew about 11 years ago - not scary people at all. I think they thought that I'd become rich or something. Anyway, about 10 minutes later, one of them turned into my four year old and so then I had to rescue HER from THEM and it was all a big 'to do'.
When I woke up this morning I was a little shaken, to say the least. But all I could remember was sweeping crumbs onto your Oriental rug and running off without giving you a hug and kiss goodbye! So sorry. In my waking hours I hope that I would never be so callous and rude.
Hope all is well in your little part of the world and that you are enjoying your new rug.
All my love,
Amy
P.S. Did you get a new house? That dining table looked AWESOME!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
Whaohahahaha... now, I told you right away we were a lot alike, but.... even I can't beat these kinds of dreams and believe me, I'm a champion in strange dreams... LOL
Thanks for sharing this with us.. and no, we don't have a new house, no new rug and no new dining table... hahaha
Love ya lots!
Ria and Rob
okay now wait... was that a dream? Cause I actually might be that appalling in Real life... just saying!
Post a Comment