Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Why is it that it hasn't really been a very busy week, but it FEELS like it??? I'm exhausted! I don't get it. Maybe my energy-meter needs to be restocked or something.
We had a really good day with Emma yesterday - that's a good thing. She's been giving me a run for my money lately and I'm getting kind of tired of it. She's pushing buttons that I didn't know existed - how do kids do that, I wonder? She's having a really hard time with telling the truth. It can be over really simple things like leaving the light on in the bathroom or it can be about more serious things like telling the babysitter that she's allowed to do all kinds of things when she's not. SO, I sat her down yesterday and told her that I'd really love to have a girls day out with her but I can't do that unless she earns it. We've made a calendar of sorts and she has to show me that she knows how to tell the truth for a month straight before we can go. (She's all sorts of excited to go to the Golden Corral for lunch - yuck!) We'll see how it works.
Ian and Abbey are doing great. We had Savannah (21 month old niece) over to play yesterday while her mom had an appointment. We had a great time! Ian went to preschool and the little girls and I ran a couple of arrands and played at home too.
See, I told you it's been a boring week so far. Maybe something exciting will happen over the next couple of days. I just hope that it's not scary or messy. Happy-exciting is good too, right?

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

Something exciting. I don't know I think you asking for trouble. I personally have learned to be happy with boring. Anyway we love our house and the ward. I truly miss you and Kris.