Our school is famous! We've been on the front page of the newspaper several times in the last couple of months because WE. MAKE. NEWS. My kids go to a newly opened charter school and I'm uber impressed with all of the cool stuff they've been learning. I'm excited for them to go out into the world later in life and make their dent in society...maybe become famous themselves! Too bad for our school, though, because the school board are acting like a bunch of ninnies. They can't seem to agree on anything and some of them have even thrown a tantrum or two. (I'm not kidding - kicking, screaming fits. Grown men shouldn't be allowed to act that way.) So I'm torn. I love my kids' teachers and am so pleased with all of the wonderful things they're learning. I'm disappointed, however, at the examples that are being set by reasonably intelligent men. How come we expect our children to act appropriately and get upset with them when, sometimes, they're just acting their age but we let grown men misbehave so badly?
So now I get to make some decisions: Do I keep the kids in the school because they're THRIVING? or Do I pull them out because I'm embarrassed by all of the bad publicity? I'm thinking that I'll stick it out for awhile and see what happens.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
I don't watch the news, so I have no idea what you are talking about. That being said, I could care less what the school board does or doesn't do! If your kids are thriving I say keep them there! It is what they are learning from the teachers they see everyday not what the stupid school board does or doesn't do in public! Just my 50 cents worth of opinion!!
I completely agree with Springrose. So what if the school board likes to throw "mantrums"...until it starts to effect how the teachers can teach, I would ignore them (kind of like we do with our own kids when they throw fits).
My first experience with a charter school was not a great one. So if you found a school, that holds good moral values and gives your kids a great experience with education to the point that they are thriving...I would let them stay. The teachers who are the ones who make it all work. If they are doing great...then nothing's broke.
Tough decision, you will make the right one you alway do..:)
I'd say let them stay since, like April said, the teachers are good and the school itself is not the problem. As far as the school board is concerned, I think you should take some cookies laced with Tylenol PM to the next board meeting. Everyone all around would love you!! But then again, that might not be the best example either. Have fun!
how about if you video these "grown ups" during one of their tantrums and then play it back for them .. that should get a red face or two. Maybe a behavior modification also. I know I FREAK when Cassandra happens to still have a video camera going on me.. hahaha
Post a Comment