I'm in the Young Women's presidency at church. For all of you non-Mormons out there that means that I get to play with the teenage girls. For all of you who ARE Mormons, you realize that it means that I get to have lots and LOTS of meetings. One of which happened today at my house at 3pm. (Church gets out at noon so a 3:00 meeting means that I have enough time to either take a nap or make cookies for the girls to munch on as they're ignoring the adults in the room.)
One of the girls brought a baby doll in a car carrier. Apparently it's a project on responsibility that her school makes all girls participate in. She has to feed, burp, rock and change this chunk of plastic that is supposed to resemble a baby. (which it mostly does.) Anyway, one of the members of our presidency is from Portugal and has never seen such an item before and was quite interested in it and how it works. When the baby started to cry the young woman said, "It's time to change his diaper. No body look because he has detailed boy parts. It's weird." So we're supposed to be ignoring her and continuing with our previous conversation. Just as we were talking about ideas for service projects, my Portuguese friend says, "Oh! Yep...there it is!" (Referring to the anatomically correct male genitalia on this doll.) The funny thing is that she had to crane her neck around and then peek at the doll through the gap that was under my arm.
Ahhh....good times. My side still aches from laughing so hard.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
I'm in the presidency too, fun times! Sounds like you serve with some pretty silly ladies. Good times!
:D That was great! I love Monica! Young Womens is so much fun.
Post a Comment