Saturday, November 14, 2009

"You Have To Believe We Are Maaagic!"

Do you remember this old song from the 80's? I love it. It's fun to sing.
Anyway. We try to have the missionaries from church in our home at least once a month (sometimes more) so that we can feed them a good meal and see how they're doing. After all, it's hard being a 19 or 20 year old guy who wears suits and has to be serious most of the time. Okay, if I'm being honest I have to say that they aren't serious unless they have to be and they're a lot of fun to hang out with. So last night was our night to have them over for dinner and there are four of them because two are waiting for visas to go to Mongolia. We decided to have an Olive Garden night and so we made Zuppa Tuscano and Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo. YUM! They all came over and we were enjoying our soup, making small talk. I asked them what they'd been up to that day and they told me they'd spent the day doing paperwork and studying at home. Odd...they usually try to get out to do some proselyting for a little while. Oh well - next topic.
After dinner Elder Beard decided it was time to teach Ian some magic.

Ian was amazed at Elder Beard's awesome magic skills. They kept everyone entertained for quite some time. (Mostly laughing at how much fun Ian was having and how goofy Elder Beard was being.) Later we learned that none of the missionaries were feeling that well and that they have, what sounds like, the initial symptoms of Swine Flu...I'm thinking that it'll take a lot of magic for all of us not to get sick. "You have to believe we are maaagic!"

2 comments:

Shelle said...

I think being a missionary in Utah or Idaho would be the suckiest thing ever!
*Knock on a door*
"Yup! We're members too Elders! Better luck somewhere else!"

I bet the paperwork and studying were looking pretty adventurous after a week of that! But swine flu sounds pretty adventurous too...

Ellen said...

You need to get this Elder's moms email address and send her this photo. She'd love it :)