I decided that I need to take official cake decorating classes so that I can be a super Samurai Master in the kitchen. Well, that and my little sister is getting married in May and she wants me to make her wedding cake. I already have cake making skills, they would make a caveman proud. So I finally summed up the necessary courage and signed up for the official Wilton Cake Decorating classes. (There are kits to buy and everything!) Last night was my second class. The first class was just one of those classes where you watch the instructor make frosting and take notes. But last night we were supposed to bring a cake and lots of frosting so that we could practice writing and piping stars and generally making a big mess. Most of us kept our mess to a confined space on the table and were able to be fairly successful in our attempts at piping a rainbow onto our cakes. There was a girl sitting next to me, however, who struggled. A lot. And cussed. A lot. And forgot most of her supplies so she had to "borrow" mine. A lot. It was a little annoying at first and then it got funnier and funnier. No kidding, friends, she ended up with pink and white frosting in her hair. Her hands were dyed 4 different colors and her rainbow was neon. It. Was. AWESOME! She finally gave up on using her nice, expensive, re-usable piping bags and offered to buy one of my disposable ones off of me for a buck. Hehehe...since a box of 50 cost me $6, I was totally willing. I'm now trying to decide if I want to sit next to her every week or not. The cost of non-stop entertainment will cost me 1/2 of my available work space and several of my supplies BUT on the plus side my side will ache from laughing so hard and I'll come home with a whole new vocabulary to try out on my husband. Decisions, decisions!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Your so bad! But is sure does sound like fun!!
I SO wish I were a fly on the wall to watch all this go down!
oh man Amy.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can totally see your face red from laughter.. boy how I wish I could be there taking this class with you and we would SOOOOOOOOOO sit next to this woman.. Maybe I could have tourettes with her :)
Post a Comment