Friday, November 2, 2007

Today we made "forts" for the kids in their rooms. Do you remember making forts when you were a kid?It involves chairs and lots of blankets. It's better if there's a table in the room because you have more space to put your stuff. We used to have forts in the family room and I was always getting after the kids to clean them up - they look terrible! The kid's rooms are big enough now, however, that they can make them in there and I don't have to deal with the big mess in my family room. The kids like them so much that Ian and Abbey are taking their naps in them! Maybe they'll actuall sit still long enough that they'll take a nap today....I can only hope and cross my fingers!

Halloween was this week. Holy cow, what a night! I went to Emma's school that afternoon to help out with the classroom party. I took brownies with frosting on them to her class and found out that the kids LOVE chocolate. (Such good kids.) I was the only mom that could make it to the party so I'm glad that I could go. We got home and made dinner in the hopes that the kids would fill themselves up with healthy foods before they gorged themselves on the sweet stuff. We put costumes on and then went around the neighborhood trick or treating. It was fun. The kids were so excited that people wanted to give them candy they could hardly contain themselves! Emma dressed up as a princess with her hair VERY curly and in a pearl crown, Ian was Super Man. It took a lot of water and even more hair gel to get his hair to lay flat and Abbey was a witch. We put her hair in pigtails and then put the hat on afterwards. She was the cutest witch of the night! We visited Jeff's aunt and uncle and then went to his folk's house after that. When we were the kids were pooped - WE were pooped too. It was a very long night. We're recovered now, though.

No comments: