Thursday, November 15, 2007

We had parent teacher conferences this week. I always go to those meetings with a little aprehension because I know how silly and crazy my children can be and I only hope that they are a little more civilized when they go out into the world. I was so impressed with my little Emma! Her teacher had nothing but good things to tell me about her and even told me that she is in with the advanced group for her grade. YEAH!!! She said that she is very well behaved in class and always does well with her work. How come she can do that at school but when she's home she gives me such a hard time about making her bed? I don't get it.

Ian has not been feeling well this week and, boy, have I noticed. He is very grouchy and gets upset at the littlest things. He's been yelling at me when he doesn't want to do something and today I had enough. I told him he wasn't allowed to yell at me anymore and that he was getting a bar of soap put in his mouth for 5 minutes. I hope it worked. We'll see tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, Jeff comes home!!! Yeah, I'm so excited! This is the second week in a row that he's had to go out of town and my tolerance and patience is starting to grow thin. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I just don't sleep very well when he's gone - you know, the whole Boogey Man lurking around the corner thing. My imagination runs wild in the wee hours of the night.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we're so excited to see our family members that are coming up for a visit. Dustin and Crystal (Jeff's brother and his wife) are coming up with their two children on Wednesday and they're nice enough to let my sister, Lisa, tag along for the ride. They'll be staying with Jeff's parents but Lisa will be staying with us. Ian is so excited to see his little cousin that he can hardly stand it! Every day he asks me when Jacob is coming for his visit and can't he come sooner??? I'm sure that they'll have a lot of fun together.

Funny story of the day: (actually it's a new trick) Abbey has learned how to slide down the banister at our new home. She doesn't climb on top of the banister like most normal people would do. She hangs on it like a monkey and lets her hands slide her down. I don't imagine that it feels very good but she giggles the entire time she's doing it. I don't think she'll be able to do that for much longer - it's a good thing she doesn't weigh much!

No comments: