Elementary school basketball season has begun! Emma is signed up to play with the other second graders in her school and her first practice was this last Tuesday. What a riot! Most girls that age have no coordination and no athletic ability. Emma is no different! She slaps the ball instead of dribbiling it down the court. It hits her foot and rolls away every couple of minutes and when she goes to shoot a basket she looks like she's aiming for the ceiling! It's great. She loves it and I'm having a good time watching her. The thing I like about the games is that they aren't going to keep score so that the kids don't know who won and they all leave feeling good about themselves. Her first game is Saturday - I'm taking the video camera. :)
Our car has been making funny noises and I was pretty sure that the brakes needed to be fixed so I took it in this morning to get checked out. Why is it that you go into those places expecting that it's one thing and they always end up finding 4 more? It's going to cost $550 by the time all is said and done - holy cow! It had better purr when I get it back and not make any grouchy noises for quite awhile!
We took the kids to a pumpkin patch yesterday for Ian's preschool. It was so much fun! We got to go on a hay ride and pick out our own pumpkins as well as go through a maze. The kids loved it and Ian only got lost once. (We're improving!) Tomorrow we are going to a Halloween party for one of his friends and the whole family gets to tag along. The only thing is that EVERYONE has to dress up. I think I'll go as Pippy Long Stockings again. All I have to do is bend a hanger over my huge noggin and braid the ends around it so that they look like they're sticking straight up. That and an outfit that doesn't match and I'm set!
Have a great weekend, all! We love you and hope you're doing well.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment