Monday, November 5, 2007

Spaghetti-O's. Normally, I'm okay with them - I figure there's got to be SOME nutritional value in them, right? Well, tonight I'm wishing that I had just made something else.
It all started yesterday when I woke up with a terrible headache. I thought that it was just another migraine (I get them a lot) but realized around noon that it was the beginnings of a head cold. Jeff went out of town this morning so I asked Emma (the 7 year old) if she could be my big helper with the other kids. I told her that it would be great if she could play with them and be nice to them and maybe even read a story or two. Well, I went over to the neighbor's house to take something back to her this afternoon and while I was gone Emma decided that she was going to help me out by making dinner. She opened two cans of Spaghetti-o's and a can of Ravioli (she doesn't like Spaghetti-O's). I got home and there was a mess on the counter and the microwave was set to cook something for 96 minutes and 32 seconds. Luckily there wasn't anything cooking at the time. So we ended up having Emma's choice for dinner. I went into the other room for a minute or two while the kids were finishing up their dinners and when I returned Abbey (the 2 year old) had dumped her entire bowl onto the counter and was squishing it between her fingers. YUCK!!! I took a picture - I wanted to have proof that it actually happened. I will attach it when Jeff gets home because he has the computer cord in his laptop bag.
Day one of daddy being gone is almost over. We're going to Wal-Mart for some sinus medicine... maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: