I'm having all kinds of stress and anxiety and troubles and I'm desperately in need of your professional advice.
*deep breath*
My hair is getting longer. It's starting to get a little flat because of it's length. You see, I have lots of hair and when it gets long it sort of loses it's 'fluffy' quality. Add to that the fact that I'm a big-forehead kind of girl AND I'm completely lazy when it comes to actually doing my hair.
So here's the dilemma: do I cut bangs or not? It's a big decision! I'm not really wanting to cut all of my hair because I really don't look good with Ellen Degeneres hair and I'm also all about being able to pull it up into a pony tail on a lazy day. So, let me know what you think.
Okay - here's me with my hair pulled back. This is my every day lazy hairdo. (please ignore the fact that I'm wearing my "it's okay if I lose these sunglasses because they only cost $3 & I'm on vacation so I probably WILL lose them" sunglasses and the fact that the wind is making me look like I just woke up from a 5 hour nap.)
Here is a picture of me on a day that I actually blew my hair dry. No other attempt (besides combing it) was made to make it look presentable, so please don't judge too harshly. 
Are you understanding my problem now? Do you see my GINORMOUS forhead? Add to that the fact that I have a cowlick on the right side of my forhead and I'm kind of hosed! Honest opinions are appreciated. My husband is appalled that I'm maybe wanting to give my forhead a break from it's daily exposure, but I'm good with shocking him a little bit. Okay...discuss.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

7 comments:
Have you attempted blowdrying the bang section of your hair to the side and down on your forehead a little? I would try that first, before you get bangs cut, to see if they will even do what you want them to do. Then if they will I say go for it. As long as you wear the modern version of bangs, the side swept bangs and NOT the 80-90's version of bangs. You know the claw!!! I'm excited to see what you decide.
I agree with Springrose. Try taking your bang section and parting it where your cowlick is and pulling it down across your forehead. I could see your cowlick there potentially causing problems if you were to cut bangs. But what do I know? I have the same feelings towards my hair that you do, easier is better. And my hair never looks good. Maybe ask Christen, she's got some hair-do expertise.
*open mouth, insert foot* Ok, poor choice of how I arranged my sentences there. I didn't mean that because I have the same feelings of easier is better that your hair looks bad like mine... I happen to think your hair looks good every time I see you.
No worries, Megan. I'm not offended in the least. And, yes, Springrose...I've been guilty of the claw BECAUSE of the stupid cowlick!
I'm wearing bangs right now and I love it! Long and straight. It's fun and rockerish. I brush them to the side when feeling more sweet or when then get long and need a trim. Also can pin them back on the irritating days! The bonus too of keeping them long is it won't take much for me to grow them out.
I think you should go for it mama! I think you'd like them. Hooray for hair changes! It's always so fun!
i like you with bangs...because its like what tyra says....you either have a fourhead or a fivehead! and i grew up with you...so i know what you look like with bangs....GO FOR IT!! :) (like the pic by the way....its so uhhhh forced lol)
love you!
I think five hour nap head is kinda fun...I'd go with April on this one. That way you have choices. Choices are good.
ALSO!!!! I have super flat hair too. The last time I had my hair cut, she took a razor and sliced off a bunch of hair under the top layer in sections. I know that sounds really goofy, but you can't tell at all and it lightens your hair. The little hair stubbles naturally poof your hair up. It is the ONLY thing that really has ever worked with me other than a pound of product. Good luck and post a picture when you decide what to do!
BTW: Blogger's word verification for me to type in was "nutso". How cool is that?
Post a Comment