Names, apparently, can make or break a kid. If you name him a girlie name he'll get beaten up and teased. If you try to name him a popular name he'll forever be known as "Taylor P." When I was in the fourth grade there were three Hillary's and two of them had last names that started with 'S' so one was Hillary 1 and the other was Hillary 2. I've always wondered if Hillary 2 ever had self esteem issues because of that.
Anyway.
The reason for this post:
We're stumped. We can't come up with any boy names. I was so sure that we were going to have a girl that I only thought of girl names and completely blocked boy names out of my head. Then we had the ultra sound and there was an extra appendage found and NOW I can't get past my baby name block! I'm pretty sure that I can't name this kid Ruth Ellen (like I was planning) because he'll get his booty kicked at least once a day and probably more.
A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I were sitting in his sister's home and we were throwing names out to see if any fit. Most people think that we should name the next one with something that starts with an O or U to keep the vowel theme going. Meh. I don't really care what the name starts with as long as it fits him. So we're all throwing names out and it kind of got a little silly, if I'm being honest. One would shout out a name and another would shout out the mean nickname that goes along with it so we'd have to throw it out.
We could wait and let the kids name him. Jeff's brother and his wife did that and it seemed to work really well for them. With my luck, though, we'd end up with some goofy name like Yoda or Voltron or Caillou. Ian actually suggested Daniel Boone Wixom.
Hmmm....no.
Ian is not as tough as some other boys are and so we've been advised that we need to pick a manly name because that'll automatically make the next one super tough. I'm not so sure if I agree with that theory either - I don't think that Ian is a wimpy name at all! I do think, however, that everyone is born with certain personality traits and add to that what their parents involve them in and, voila!, you've got your kid. Possibly the reason why Ian struggles is because neither of his parents like sports enough to really care if he participates in them or not. I guess you could also add that he's got two sisters and so his only playmates for quite some time were kids who wanted to play house and dress up in princess dresses.
Anyway
I guess if you've managed to make it through my ramblings, you deserve to be one of the lucky few who have the opportunity to throw your suggestion into the box. (PUH-LEASE suggest something!)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
Hello Neighbor! I completely agree with the 'Vowel Rule' you don't want this baby to be left out and I like things to be orderly so I only listed names that use the remaining vowels. There are some great ones, I will mark my faves. Hope this helps.
1.Oakley-oak tree field
2.Odin- god of wisdom/war
*3.Ogden-oak valley
4.Olen or Olin- patron saint and king of Norway
5.Oliver- kind
6.Oran- green (like Aaron)
7.Orrick- old oak tree
*8.Ostin (like Austin)
*9.Owen- born to nobility, young warrior
*10.Urban
11.Yale- productive
11.
Baby names is maybe on of my favorite discussions of all times. Seriously, who car trips have been spent picking baby names for unborn children!
I don't think you have to stick with the vowel thing at all. You should name baby Wixom whatever you think is best fitting, not what fits best with a happenstance pattern.
Boy names we love: Simon, Samuel, Ronan, Dane, Finn, Nolan, Oscar.
Ian is a Scottish name so maybe if you wanted to do something thematic you could pick a Scottish name for this son as well.
When we told our family we were naming our second son George one of my sil's tried to talk me out of it saying "Do you realize how much he'll get teased??" As far as I know he hasn't been teased. And I love the name George.
Other names that I love but won't get to use.
Jack
Liam
I don't have a very long list.
I know it sounds weird but I like to look at the names at the end of movies when the credits roll. That is a veritable treasure trove of names.
I don't think you can go wrong, you child will become his name na matter what you name him. But you still have to take in the teasing factor and not name him something like Rock or Sally! Here are a few I like, Vowel or Not! :)
Owen
Max
Lukas
Boston
Tyler
Good Luck!! Can't wait to find out what he will be named!
I got the same response when we tried to name Cartsten. Orginally I wanted Cooper, but darrin said he would be known as pooper and eventually everyone would call him poop for even shorter, nice huh. Not to mention my husband did not want a girl to have his name, good luck boys are hard.
Post a Comment