Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Abbey

Abbey has always been... a free spirit. She's my wild child and has earned nicknames like Abbey the Destroyer and The Tornado. For a long time she really was the whirl wind that could leave a room (or unsuspecting family member) in total chaos in less than 30 seconds. We always had to be careful when we'd go somewhere and had to apologize profusely any time we left a family member's home. She was never malicious, just free spirited and one who didn't think before she touched, ripped, colored or cut something she wasn't supposed to.

Anyway, I love my little ball of craziness but have been happily lured into a sense of security for the last six months because she seems to have calmed down somewhat. My bad. She really is a sneaky little imp! For the last several nights she's been literally bouncing off the walls at bedtime. She swings from the rails on her bunk bed, has thrown balloons into the moving ceiling fan in her room, punched her almost 10 year old sister in the eye for not listening to her singing and has gotten out of bed a bajillion times to "go".
*sigh*
Does anyone have any tranquilizers I can borrow until kindergarten starts in the fall???

2 comments:

Crazy8 said...

I think Abbey needs to come over for play dates when the weather gets better. My 'Handy-Girl' and 'Baby-Bug' would love that. You would get a break and Abbey would use up some energy. I just have to figure out how to Abbey proof the tree house. I actually wouldn't allow any of them up there, so that shouldn't be an issue. Let me know!!

Hiller Family said...

I can't wait to see how she handles not being the youngest. She sounds like she has plenty of spunk!