I love my 2 year old. She's definitely one of those kids that other mothers talk about when they say, "One day you'll have one just like her!" I am constantly trying to keep up with her. Today she was supposed to be going to the bathroom and was in there for quite awhile. I went in to check on her and found out that she has learned how to put mascara on! She not only knows it goes on your eyelashes but also thinks that it makes a great lipstick as well.
I know that there are a lot of potty training stories in this blog, this one is FUNNY!!! Today Abbey had a little accident. She messed her pants and so i was cleaning her up. When we were done I reached into a basket of clean laundry to grab a fresh pair of underpants and grabbed the first thing I came to. I helped her put them on and told her to run up the stairs for a clean pair of jeans. As she was trotting off her panties fell down around her ankles. She just hitched them up with one hand and ran up the stairs trying to hold them up. I wish i had taken a picture.
Jeff was in the Philippines last week and just got home on Saturday. What a long week! We went to the park several times as well as Grandma's house, friend's houses and anywhere else we could go to distract the children. Jeff's sister is pregnant with her 3rd child right now and her oldest daughter has been giving her a hard time about having a baby. She was convinced that a baby boy would be nothing but trouble and that she wanted nothing to do with him because he wasn't a girl. Well, we drove the 2 hours to go for a sleepover on Friday. Emma and her daughter had a great time playing dress-up and other fun things. Abbey kept trying to play with them and they got very frustrated and annoyed with her. I have learned, since returning home, that our visit was a positive one for Jeff's sister. She says that now her daughter thinks that a baby boy would be okay - a little sister is just annoying and would always be getting into her things. I'm so glad we could help!
Well, this is getting pretty long - I'll try to be better about writing from now on.
By the way, did you know that there are purple pearls in the Philippines? I have a new favorite pair of earrings to wear! :)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment