This week has been fun. It started with a crazy shopping trip to Albertsons to see how many of my coupons I could use. I have this weird desire to shop with coupons - it becomes a game for me to see how much I can buy for the least amount of money. Coupons are AWESOME!!! I purchased 110 items - cookie dough, cereal like Cheerios and Golden Grahams, toaster strudels, pizza pockets and fruit roll ups. I spent about $80 and saved $240!!! I don't have to buy snacks or breakfast for the kids for about 6 months. Ooohh, yeah! I was giddy watching the cashier ring up my items. I handed her my stack of coupons and she just stared at me for a few minutes. You know that you've purchased too much when they open a check out stand just for you! Ha ha!
We got a cookie bouquet from a family member this week. The kids loved that they could each have their own colorfully decorated cookie. Well, Abbey (the 2 year old) is still potty training. She does pretty well, actually, unless she needs to have a bowel movement. Those are only once a day, thank goodness, and we are getting pretty good at getting her cleaned up afterwards. Well, yesterday I came home from shopping with one of my friends and Jeff told me that she had had a mess. He then reminded me that she had also had a cookie the night before and that it had green frosting on it. He then said, "I tried to clean her up as best as I could but I gave up when the green wouldn't come off." I didn't realize exactly what he was talking about until this morning when it was my turn and I saw that one of her cheeks has been died green! I can't wait to tell her that one when she's older.
My friend, Kris, came up for a visit from Salt Lake this weekend. It was so much fun! It's really hard to move to a new place and start over with friends and neighbors. We went out to dinner, did crafts and watched girl movies while we ate Oreo's. She also had a cookie from the basket...her's had red frosting on it!!! I think I'll call her tomorrow and see how her cheeks are doing! Ha, Ha!
We went to Jeff's parents house for dinner last night. It was fun. His mom tried to play the piano with her broken arm while we sang everything from church songs to show tunes. It was a lot of fun. The kids love going over there because she has toys that we don't have and she also has yummy treats that she lets them have. I wish my mom lived closer - then they could play with both of their grandmas!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment