We've finally cleaned out the summer clothes for the kids and replaced them with winter clothes! This is a major thing for me because I nearly got rid of everything for the move. I had to rumage through a couple of boxes to find long pants and warm shirts. Actually, we did get rid of clothes that would have fit Abbey. She's now wearing some of Ian's long pants from last season that don't fit him anymore. I figure that she doesn't know the difference, so it's okay. I don't think I was thinking clearly during those couple of weeks we were packing. Anyway, Ian has discovered that he has "army pants" and he LOVES THEM!! We also found a sweater that my grandmother knitted when I was only 3 or 4 years old. Grandma Smits loved to knit anything and we usually got at least one sweater each year from her. This one is more like a jacket, instead of a pull-over, and it's pea-soup green with bright yellow around the edges. It buttons down the front and has little pockets too - Ian looks like he could represent the John Deer company pretty well. He LOVES it! Emma was jealous when she saw that he got a sweater and she didn't so I dove into the box of old clothes again and came up with a magenta sweater with bright blue trim on it that Grandma must have made for me at the same time that she made the green one for my brother. It doesn't fit her. Too bad. Abbey, on the other hand, found a bright red silky robe with lace on it that fits her. It also buttons down the front and she thinks that it's the perfect accessory to any article of clothing she owns. Just yesterday she was coming down the stairs in her pink pants and pink shirt wearing this awesome robe over the top. That wasn't all! She also had her hair up in a crooked pony tail and her brother's bright orange safety goggles on upside down. They aren't the only ones with interesting fashion choices. Emma has decided that every outfit needs to be worn with her black go-go boots. She also has taken to wearing her pink Strawberry Shortcake knit hat in the morning when she goes to school. Not so bad except that she also wears one pink glove and one red with her sky blue coat. It's quite a site. This morning she left with the boots on the wrong feet and decided that she'd just fix them on the bus. She also has been collecting the lids from her milk cartons each morning at school. She calls them yo-yo's. Oi! What am I going to do with these kids? I hope that they turn out semi-normal and won't have to enter the asylum later in life. I guess I don't have much room to talk - I hear I had some pretty interesting outfits when I was younger too. Let's just hope that they don't take after me THAT much...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment