Wednesday, August 18, 2010

...Hello?...

Umm...so what happened to my blog? Didn't the janitor come and clean it up while I was slacking? I assumed that SOMEONE would maintain the place for me! Apparently not.
Sorry for the long absence. I have to admit, it is a total case of laziness. No lame excuses about being prego and on light bed rest. Nope. Not gonna whine that my feet were swollen to the size of cantaloupe and that July is the WORST month ever in which to give birth. (Okay, maybe August is worse.) Ooh! Speaking of which! What do you think of the latest addition to the zoo?
Meet Caleb Henry! He was born on 7/7, which means that he's like my lucky rabbit's foot. Only I can't spray paint him hot pink and carry him in my pocket. AND he's kind of squirmy sometimes. AND he smells good until he explodes and then it's time for another scrub down. No worries though - he's a keeper.
What's been going on in YOUR neck of the woods while I was on hiatus? Spill it, I've been locked in my new mommy cocoon for long enough and am ready to join the rest of the world.

7 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Happy Baby Day! "Mommy cocoon"? Never heard it put that way, but I LOVE that phrase!

So what if we drop off the face of the Earth for weeks at a time? It's not the end of the world. Well okay - maybe. But it's so warm and cozy and full baby snuggles and spit-up. Heck, it seems like I am still in a mommy cocoon - and my guy is six months...but I like it. I think I will stay here a little while longer...(although I may peek my head out once in awhile).

Crazy8 said...

He's beautiful and I am so glad all is going well. It's nice to finally hear from you again.

Jennifer Edwards said...

Henry is soooo adorable! I need to come and visit, like yesterday ;) <3 to all!

Unknown said...

Aw ... so precious. Congrats!

Alanya/Ally said...

I get to be the first to comment and say congrats on your new monkey!!! He looks so handsome, and I have to kind of agree that it's uncomfortable to be prego in the summer. I had my last baby June 29th and I swear it was the hottest summer I'd ever had! I was out of the area a lot this summer... but I assume it was pretty hot. Glad he's here safe and sound.
BTW, not much new with us... just running like crazy!

Haynsy said...

I thought it was just me being lazy, and I'm not even pregnant!

Hiller Family said...

Congrats Amy! I have to say I wish you lived closer so I could come and hold him, what a cutie!