Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shopping With Abbey

Part of our marathon shopping trip the other day was geared toward finding a shirt (or two) for my sister to wear for her engagement pictures. So we trotted off to Old Navy and by this time we'd been to umpteen million stores and we were a little tired and a little ready to go home. Abbey had been an angel up to this point and I was pretty proud of her and her ability to stay out of the melt-down mode that so many tired little kids seem to sink into when they're dragged all over creation. So, we're at Old Navy and Abbey was getting a little bored and wanted to explore on her own and so to keep her interest (and to keep her WITH me) I suggested that she start helping Aunt Sam look for a green shirt she could wear. I have to admit to my genius on this because she immediately went into action! She found a couple of perfect green shirts then moved on to the sports bras, the g-strings and then to little boy's flip flops. Too bad my cell phone won't let me download the pictures, they're pretty spectacular. Anyway, alls I'm saying is that if you need some help shopping with some fashion advice thrown in, I've got the perfect person that I'm willing to loan you (for a modest fee). It was a good time and we were all relieved when it was finally time to find the cash register so we could go home.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Done and done! Not only do I need a few new bras but Jarom is desperately in need of some new shoes. I'll just drop off my caravan of munchkins at your house and go shopping with Abbey. Hehe :)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I do that often with my kids! But both of them hate to go shopping with my husband or I! Lol!